Wednesday, November 18, 2009

2.5 Months Later...

So two and a half months later I've been working on the car in little bursts. Unfortunately work has been quite busy lately so I haven't had the chance to make as much progress as I'd like. Here's what's happened so far:
  • Discovered the DAMB penultimate crossmember is the way to go unless you want to ship your crossmember to Australia to have Datsport install their kit on your crossmember.
  • Discovered that my mustache bar has an odd size bushing, so I've purchased and will have to modify the 240/280z mustache bar poly bushing kit in order to make it fit. I'm thinking there will be a write up on this later
  • The Engineered Datsun Products Wilwood caliper/300ZX disc combo will not work with 13" wheels, though it seems that it might work (tightly) with some 14" wheels.
  • Wilwood's new 120-9689 two piston caliper has superseded the older 120-4060 caliper. I think it looks better to boot:

I also picked up a VG30E on the cheap, so I'll be pulling that apart to see if it seems like it'll still run.

Hopefully things will start to calm down for the holiday season so I can put some more time towards this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment